Monday, June 2, 2008

If you keep throwing money in the air, people are going to jump for it.

If there is one thing that I learned from my economical classes in college it was the law of supply and demand. I think that principle holds true with the government and government programs. If you supply the government with money, they will keep demanding it. It seems like no matter what money we give these programs it is never enough. When was the last time you heard one of these programs say, "Wait, that is too much money, please cut our budget by 10%". I've never heard it, but if you have please let me know. I would love to be corrected.

My next few posts will address some of the areas where I think too much money is just given to different programs without stopping to think, "What can we do to better use the money or truly improve the program?" As part of those posts I'll also present my ideas on how to improve the programs.

No comments: